April 04, 2007

tax season

i finally managed to file my income tax return today 11 days ahead of the deadline. i was supposed to file it yesterday that's why i went to the makati office but i couldn't get through UBS by phone to reset my password. i couldn't remember if i sold stock options in 2006 but i finally managed to access my account today. luckily, there weren't any stock options sold in 2006 so the only additional income i had were the proceeds from the quicksale i elected for the stocks i purchased in 2006. i wish there was some way that i didn't have to pay so much on taxes. i feel bad everytime i have to surrender my hard-earned cash for taxes knowing most of it will likely go into some corrupt politician's pocket. i probably am stereotyping and that the government might really be using it to do some good ---- not! sorry for being jaded, i guess not really seeing where my taxes go leaves a bad taste in my mouth everytime i see how much they are getting.

i hate april 15.

No comments: