May 28, 2010

ten

This song is dedicated to all of the people I know who are sharing their lives with a special someone.


From the upcoming album “Sweet & Wild” of Jewel who is one of my most favorite artist of all time.

The lyrics to this song is just amazingly simple but it says so much.  Here’s to OUR happiness.
 

Ten – Jewel
 

whoever said love is easy
must have never been in love
sometimes its a landmine
one wrong step and it blows up
a word, a look lights a hidden fuse

 
its hard to see just what you have when you're seeing red
and easy to do something that you know we'll both regret
better stop, think, count to ten before i leave
 

refrain:

one,
i still want to hate you
two, three
i still wanna leave
four
i'm searching for that door
five
then i look in your eyes
six
take a deep breath
seven
take a step back
eight, nine
i don't know why we even started this fight.
by the time i get to ten
i'm right back in your arms again

words thrown so calously like weapons when we fight
but when they cut too deep i wanna leave it all behind
i'd have to count to ten before i cross that line

refrain
 
you can lose what you're not thankful for
i don't want that to happen to you and me
better count my blessings

 
one,
you still move me
two, three
send chills right through me
four
you keep me wanting more
five
when i look in your eyes
six
you're my best friend
seven
that will never end
eight, nine
i don't know why but thank God it happens everytime
by the time i get to ten, by the time i get to ten
i can see how blessed i've been
 
i'd choose you all over again.

No comments: