October 28, 2005

is it okay if I call you mine

i never really knew this song (yeah, I'm not really a big fan of old songs) until the time when paolo santos was getting popular. we were sharing paolo santos' acoustic mp3s left and right and I got this song from one of the p2p programs I had then. when I heard the lyrics to this song, it was an instant favorite. there's something in the words that struck a cord and this song became one of my all time favorites. I guess what I like about this song is that its hopeful - it does sound sad in some parts because of the longing to be with someone you can't have but I love it because you can feel how much love this person has for the other. I guess at one point in my life, I was that person that's why this song really means to me.

Is it ok if I call you mine just for a time?
And I will be just fine
If I know that you know that I'm wanting, needing your love

If I ask of you is it alright
If I ask you to hold me tight
through a cold dark night
'cause there may be a cloudy day in sight
and I need to let you know that I might be needing your love

Now what I'm trying to say isn't really new
It's just the things that happen to me when I'm reminded of you

Like when I hear your name
or see a place that you've been
or see a picture of your grin
or pass a house that you've been in one time or another
it sets off something in me I can't explain
and I can't wait to see you again
Oh babe I love your love

And what I'm trying to say isn't really new
It's just the things that happen to me when I'm reminded of you

so can see what kind of blog this is going to be … something where music takes on a lot of meaning.
I guess you can find just about any kind of music to suit your moods or just is suitable for a particular moment.
it becomes part of you and you just remember what it means everytime you hear it.

No comments: