February 19, 2007

five weeks & counting

i can't believe its been five weeks already since i came here to the US. time really moves fast whether you want it to or not. this is like a tug-of-war because during the weekday when i need to work, i can't wait for friday to come, dread the weekend will be over, and then wake up the next week wanting for my trip to last longer. there's three more weeks left in my trip and next weekend i'm going to portland, then the next week i'd have to do my shopping. crap, i can't believe i haven't bought any shoes yet in the last five weeks - this is a first, yay. i guess i'm trying not to squander so much of my savings since i really want to buy a mac computer. i did splurge a bit already by buying a $100 bose earphones (which i do not regret a bit, its awesome).

work has been busy the last few weeks. after i got that "scolding" from nurse betty, it sort of woke me up just a little bit from my "work slumber." so i've been pretty active after that incident cause damn if i let my good name get sullied by nurse betty. its about to get busy some more in the next three weeks since there will be more discussions and a presentation i'd have to prepare. i should start planning for it really but i'm having a really lazy weekend.

i miss my friends back home - there's really no one to go out here and its too uninspiring to go to the gym by myself - hence the fat inducing stupor i've been in since i got here. the only good thing here is that i've been quite good at cooking for myself (well i've been using mixed sauces) and i think i've been quite good in cooking sinigang and nilaga (stew). i'm watching the food network right now and i just realized "wow, it'd be nice to be with someone who will cook for you." so add that to the list of traits i'd love my SO (significant other) to have.

ahhh what should i do today? i need to think of what to do, perhaps i should just go to the mall and see where that takes me. should i check out some shoes? or clothes? tempting ... but i should hold off until i get my mac. oh yeah.

No comments: