February 27, 2007

mac and me

and so finally, after years of drooling not being able to buy it (cause of the processor and yes, it was hard to afford it), i finally managed to get my hands on my first ever apple computer. yes, i am now the proud owner of a 2GHz, 80GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Superdrive, 13" widescreen white macbook.

i got my macbook in oregon over the weekend where there is no sales tax so i get the full 6% intel discount. thanks to jessica for dissuading me on buying an ipod shuffle (which i think i should be able to get with a little cash using my credit card points - teehee!). haven't really used it that much yet except a few tinkering here & there. i'll probably get a wireless mighty mouse tomorrow since i don't really like using trackpads. i already know what my first project is - create a picturebook for my nephew and have it printed. that will be really nice since he doesn't really have a lot of printed pictures right now.

so right now, i have the best of both worlds ... pc for my desktop and work laptop ... mac to manage my digital life - and then some!

No comments: