November 26, 2007

well-wishers

i received a comment on a prayer to St Joseph i posted in my blogger (which links to my multiply) last june when i asked for prayers for my sister while she was in the hospital. the comment was signed anonymously (let's call him/her "A") but A mentioned he/she has been praying the novena for the past month and reading the post about my sister mentioned he/she will include her in his/her prayers. A, whoever you are, thank you for thinking of my sister. When my sister was in the hospital a few months ago, i prayed the novena daily and the rosary to help my sister get better. God has been really good and my sister has been doing really well after a month-long stay at the hospital. She has gained weight (as did I) over the past months and i am very thankful to the Lord that He has been there for us. Her condition is something that she will have to live with for the rest of her life, the symptoms comes and goes but she has mostly been well.

i rediscovered the need and the comfort that prayer brings during these trying times. i wouldn't say i've lost my faith but i think life in the fast lane sort of got the better of us. maybe this was God's way of bringing me/us back and while i have maintained my rosary vigil (i try daily with occasional lapses), there are still some more i feel i need to do. prayer works - if you sometimes feel He has not answered, God has His reasons. but i must tell you that the prayers alone provided comfort. God is really good - all the time.

No comments: