November 10, 2008

alone time

being in a hotel room can be disappointingly lonely if you're on a business trip.  the best thing about it though (aside from the company paying for it) is that it gives me some real "alone" time.  while the silence is deafening (i just hear the faint buzzing of the centralized aircon), its kind of a welcome reprieve from the sounds of home.  one week of being in a hotel is more than bearable because for one, i feel like a king for one - don't have to make my bed, cook my food (which is a conundrum if you're dieting), drive myself to anywhere.  i'm even staying at this new hotel which is right beside the mall - now that is way convenient ... access to everything.  its like a dream come true.

what i like about these trips is that being by myself gives me time to ponder on things and think about what i should do moving forward.  a lot of things are happening right now and there are decisions that need to be taken with careful consideration.

at least for this week, i can pretend to be someone else.  a traveler to a foreign land.  where only a few people know me and i can be whoever i choose to be.

No comments: