November 14, 2008

trip so far ...

it feels like this whole week has just been pulled fast that i can't believe the week is winding down and the whole face to face we've waited for a couple of months is done.  i bet it will be a while before we get a chance for another gathering like this with the cost reduction and all.  still, being here probably for the last time at the expense of the company, was a welcome blessing.  i think it was more than three years already since i was last here - most of the recent trips were in the US which i am so not complaining about.  Penang hasn't changed - its still as rich and vibrant as last i've seen it and the food is just tasty it felt like a crime not to indulge.  this week though has been quite exhausting that i didn't even try to walk around taking pictures - my heart's just not into it.  maybe i'm not cut out to be a travel photographer - i just don't have the patience for it right now.  there's still some meetings i set-up, more to indulge my manager, an hour's cab ride from Penang to the factories in Kulim.  two of my colleagues bailed out on me so i am going to go there by myself - trusty ipod with my pop songs blaring during the ride.

the good news is that i'm already packed and ready for my trip to KL tonight.  vacation is officially starting in a few hours and i'm all giddy and excited.  its going to be a fun, fun week ahead.

*ps: if you are wondering why i managed to write this at office hours, its because i'm still waiting for my cab. lol!

No comments: