February 19, 2009

uncertainties

there's 70 days left before april 30 and quite honestly, i haven't really given much thought to what i should do next.  what i'm certain of is that i need to start working soon after except that right now, i'm enjoying the freedom i have to be able to focus on my photography, go out with friends and just lay down and relax.  i know this feeling should be short-lived because i need to do the practical thing but having worked for more than 13 years straight makes me feel like i deserve a breather.  there are some job prospects from a few headhunters out there but quite honestly, i haven't put much effort in submitting my resume and initiating my applications.  golly, i think i've become a lazy s-o-b!  i think what is putting me off having to do it is because i'm excited to bring to fruition some concept shoots me & my friends have been toying with - and it always make me giddy just thinking about it. yes, this photography and the friends that came with it has got me hooked.

i should put try to start thinking about business opportunities.  in my limited reading, history teaches us that there are a lot of people who profited from a recession because they were smart and they hit it right business-wise.  maybe i can be one of the lucky ones and i can think of something profitable - we'll have to see how this pans out.  right now, all i can think about is beefing up my photoshop skills and doing more shoots.  gaaahhh, i'm addicted. somebody really has to slap me hard on the face -- any volunteers?

the other thing i'd like to do is travel ... already i'm booked to coron and ilocos.  and i'm so tempted to join this backpacking trip to indochina in july (thailand-cambodia-vietnam) ... that will be an adventure.  just thinking about it is making me excited.  so many things i can do with my free time - learn a new language, take up culinary ... man, the list goes on and on.

i hope i win the lottery.  then i wouldn't have to work again.

No comments: