November 11, 2005

CHRISTmas is around the corner ...

this year i promised myself i'd start my christmas shopping earlier than usual. surprisingly, i managed to come up with my christmas list already since last week but i haven't managed really to go out and really start buying stuff. its not really a money thing, not that i'm rich, but because of course i was planning to buy stuff pieces at a time. i told myself - this year is gonna be different! i plan to turn in my christmas gifts early (now i'm really crossing my fingers).
there's really something about christmas that i love so much - ok, so the food kinda helps - A lot! but its more of that feeling of light-headedness seeing peopel oh-so-happy trooping down the malls. i guess during christmas, a lot just forget about all of their personal problems, all of the things that weigh them down and just think of what would make their loved ones happy. i like giving gifts - its kind of a subtle way of saying "listen, i remember you on this special time of the year, and i care for you." its not really how pricey the gift is but it really is the thought that you were remembered that really means a lot.
last christmas i think was the first time i didn't buy myself anything expensive. no expensive gadgetry, shoes, clothes --- nada! i guess during that time i wasn't really drooling over acquiring some new stuff. i remember i even saved my christmas bonus, my eb and my ecbp. yep, i started saving this year and i do have 'some' (some lang talaga) money in my savings account. i'm 31yo this year and i'll be out of the damn calendar next year so i need to start saving big time.
so what's next? i've lined up all of the bazaar schedules and i plan to visit the malls weekends to check out for potential gifts. so many friends to give gifts for and i'm not so good at shopping for other people. you'd be amazed though how many items i can pick out in 15mins.

No comments: