November 23, 2005

looking beyond what the eyes can see ...


I haven't told anyone yet but in my last 1:1 with my boss (carl), he told me that I may
be assigned in the US (arizona) for about 6 months.  if you remember in my first blog, I
actually was talking about finding a relo-job in the US by next year.  sure, there is
an opportunity in AO but lately I was contemplating on the pro's & con's on staying
in my current organization.  I guess talking about my interests to a boss (joan) who
really listens (& plans to do something about it) and supports my career development
was worth it after all.  I wasn't quite sure how to bring this up during our last 1:1 since
I've just recently moved to joan's organization.  I guess my plan of really fast-tracking
my projects and contributing 'something' to her organization in 1-2 months really paid
off.  we are now talking about a 6-month opportunity which isn't really bad.  I am very
happy that joan is very supportive of what my plans are - that is a true manager.

while carl and I talked about the timing for the trip, I had to delay it somewhat to around
w16 (april) since I am planning to enroll next term.  School starts jan 4 and ends apr 11.
that schedule fits perfectly since I don't want to postpone taking up my WCE (written
comprehensive exam) when I get back since I would have definitely forgotten any of the
core subjects I took the past 3 terms.  a 6-month trip will mean I will be back in manila
only around end of october or early november.  ok, one drawback --- those period are
the freakin' summer months in the US so that sucks!

so here I am all excited, already checking out how long to apply for a L1 VISA including
all of the relocation preparations.  nothing has been finalized yet but I already told my
boss that all of the prep work will probably take 2-months so I will know by January if
this will happen or not.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for now.

I am trying to sell about 251 worth of stock options for $26.5.  if I manage to sell this,
I'm bound to get about P95K.  If I get that, I am probably going to buy an iMAC
this christmas or wait next year when the Mac processor are all intel already. or I can
decide to just keep the money and 'invest' it somewhere.  I will cross the bridge when
I get there.  right now, I am just hoping to sell it.  I told you, christmas talaga is the
most wonderful time of the year.  teehee!

1 comment:

tattoed said...

wow jay...everything is falling into place...galing...everyhting has its right time talga...oh well goodluck and for sure...mamimiss ka na naman namin...:(...my golly...ilang sun block kaya ang mauubos mo...hahaha...and the stocks...tsk tsk tsk...libre naman jan...Labas naman ulit tayo nila carlo..namimiss ko na kayo e... :( Goodluck jay!!! :)