November 25, 2005

off to sagada

i am going to sagada again (after 3 years?) with friends from the office and a visitor from costa rica. I still have a picture of my last trip posted in my cubicle and I just realized I looked really skinny back then (that was when I was even at 150+ lbs). I got my annual pe exam saying that I am obese class 1 now. super duh! never did I imagine that I will be labeled obese since I was pretty skinny back in high school and even college. a lot of people say I actually look better today - I don't look sickly daw. I guess in a way I think I do look better except that I now have a freakin' belly. I'm not asking for a wash-board abs (would be good & sexy though if I did have a 6-pack) - I just want those love handles to disappear.

anyway … reminiscing about sagada 3 years ago, I can't believe we didn't even have digital cameras back then. the camera that I used then was supposed to be the latest already - it still uses film but its APS. now I have two 2 digital cameras and I only use one of them - the 5MP with a whopping 1GB of memory. it's enough to snap up to 600+ pictures at 5MP - o say mo? hahaha this time around, only mel & myself are the veterans in the group. the others have not been to sagada yet. there are a lot of memories forged during our sagada trip 3 years ago and I am sure new ones are going to be made this time around.

I kinda miss the old gang a bit - I mean the new office barkada is still COOL - its just I guess that a lot of people who I've met and have been friends with have moved on. Abet (God bless his soul!) has left us for a much, much better place! He's the one I kinda envy the most cause he's with our Savior now. Abet, miss ka namin!!! Ting, our resident di-makabasag-pinggan maria clara IE, has moved back to cagayan de oro where she pursued a teaching career. Joyce resigned, got married and had a baby last time I heard. Tait was an intern back then but I heard he is working in a manufacturing firm now. Still in intel after three years are arlene, mel, menchie and myself. we're still the same but different somehow.

I am excited to go back - minus the long & tiring trip - just to see if anything has changed and excited still just to get out of the city. I bet its gonna be quite cold in sagada so close to december now. its going to be really an adventure all over again.

No comments: