March 27, 2007

back at it again

mom sent me a text message monday as i was driving home telling me that my sister checked in to the hospital to get tested since she's been having severe pains in her abdomen recently. that meant i had to take care of my nephew again since my uber lazy brother will just sleep the whole day and DO NOTHING. well he did cook some food this morning but it was likely out of his own vested interest (read : he was hungry) so i don't think that counts. as expected, he slept the whole day with me working while taking care of my nephew. its not that i'm complaining because despite my nephew being really naughty at times, he is a sweet, adorable little boy. its just that i get so exhausted at night and i can't sleep well when my nephew sleeps with me because subconsciously i need to check on him throughout the night. this is why during these times, i don't really get enough sleep. suffering galore.

while driving home monday, v hitched a ride and kept me company. we talked about our lost loves in some conversations. its been a while since i talked to anyone about mcb, i don't miss mcb that much anymore but i told v that i know for certain that mcb is my one great love. its nice in a way to be able to talk about the past with no regrets - yes, i don't have any regrets meeting mcb because despite everything, i have had the best & worst times dealing with mcb. so there ...

tomorrow is focal download, i don't think i'm going to hit the target ACS and i put up. the signs aren't good but like always i'm hopeful that it remains acceptable. for some reason, looking back, i'm surprised that i'm not setting up a range from which i can say whether i will be happy with the result. i guess with all the things happening - of people ... friends moving out, rumors of closing down, somehow focal doesn't seem to be as important as it used to be. the latest good news about tv is really exciting and admittedly saddening because soon there'd be one less reason to go to the office. the only good thing i guess is that we've seemed to have grown closer being separated (JAA, TV and the rest) so it seems our friendship will survive post-company I.

i haven't decided yet when i'd be going back to school. strama + 1 elective for majoring + oce and i should be done. all my classmates/friends are either finished already or are taking their oce this term. i'm not sure yet if i can devote the time needed for strama and that's what keeping me from enrolling. but i've tentatively put august when i will reconsider enrolling so i can be done by march/april08.

i really need to update my resume. i've been procastinating doing that for months already. i've really been shortsighted lately, thinking only of two things - one is going to the beach this weekend ... and two, my upcoming US trip. yay, my boss just approved for me to travel for two weeks (instead of one). i just realized though ... i'm leaving april 7, which is the weekend after this week. good news with that trip though, it bumps up my asia miles mileage enough for up to 3 tickets to HK - the fam gets a free trip! that means we can bring my nephew to HK disney for his 4th birthday. exciting months ahead.

No comments: