May 13, 2008

the only certainty

i recently learned that one of my aunt is in the hospital - we heard some news before that she has been sick. this time around, she's gone from better to worse. from what we've heard is that her liver and kidneys are no longer functioning properly that her blood is poisoning herself already. what is more heartbreaking is that her kids do not even make time to be with her in the hospital - other people stay there to take care of her. even her grandchildren do not even make an effort to help out. they're not well-off sure, but this is their mother who took care of them growing up and who is still taking care of them until she was able. my sister and mom visited my aunt today and they told me she was so happy to see them. the doctor said not to get hopes up and that the family should be prepared. i don't think she knows what is happening - how bad her condition is. i know its not good to say this but i feel sorry she got stuck with ungrateful kids. i wouldn't be surprised if none of them sheds a tear when she leaves this place. i will pray that God gives my aunt lita strength, peace and for Him to take away her pain.

i write this today as a testament that I will never abandon my mom in her hour of need. When the day comes, i will be there to hold her hand and i will let her know how thankful i am that she was mine.

No comments: