September 05, 2008

PLDT MyDSL Sucks

I think its high time we face the fact that PLDT MyDSL has one of the suckiest broadband service ever! I think the only thing that comes close to rivaling it in the suckiest throne is SMART BRO. I mean when the service is good and STABLE, its good. When its bad, don't try waiting to hear when their customer service tells you somebody will check with you - that rarely happens. If it does, then count yourself lucky. Why do they suck?
  • Been subscribed to their plan 1995 for more than two years now. Noticed that they have upgraded the speeds for their plans so plan 1995 speed was boosted from 1MBPS to 2MBPS. If not for a colleague who told me i should check if i have been automatically upgraded, i probably would never have been upgraded to 2MBPS. Yes, you have to call them to tell them, "please give me the speed that i am paying for."
  • When i got back from the US this year, i was bummed that my dsl wasn't working. I called them up dutifully and i got the standard brouhaha response. I followed it up everyday because i needed the internet to connect to the office and it was until after a week before they sent out somebody to check it. That is truly fast customer service - NOT! Compare this with PLDT's phone service, call today and you'd have a repairman on your doorstep on the same day.
  • For the past several weeks, the internet light on my modem turns ON & OFF. This happens every morning and conks out every couple of minutes, even less. EVERY MORNING (between 6am to noon).
I really wish some foreign company comes into the Philippines and offer a better internet service than what PLDT is providing. Its high time somebody show them what it means to be a WORLD CLASS company which clearly they are not. If anybody works for PLDT reads this, know that this post is from a completely dissatisfied customer. And yes, i am considering moving to another service provider who will give me my P2,000 worth monthly.

No comments: