September 10, 2008

What's Next: 26 Things - The Alphabet Project

I think one of the best decisions i've had recently was take the Photoworks class led by Leo Castillo. Venue is a bit far and i've had my share of almost missing a few sessions, the whole thing kind of worked out in the end. I honestly learned a lot from all six sessions and Leo's tips alone about photography is worth attending. Frankly, what sold me about this class more than the other photography class is Leo's focus on developing the eye of a photographer. Thanks Leo for imparting your wisdom and experience!

One of the next steps Leo encourages us to do is to continue pursuing this passion for photography - to develop our creativity and help take us to the next level. i can seriously say his tips gives me a good feel where i should be next. so here's what's up ahead.

26 thIngs - thE AlphAbEt prOjEct
This is part of the photographic interview to help build creativity.
The challenge here is to take a photograph of anything that denotes the letter of the alphabet. Yes, all 26 letters of the alphabet. For example, you can take a photo of an apple for "A", a brocolli for "B" ... its really up to you.
Let's take 2 letters each week so this will run for 13 weeks.
Post your picture in an album called "26 Things - The Alphabet Project"

Ok, so i wrote that as if it was a contest or something but i wanted to encourage my co-photography newbies to join me in this photography project. I think after 13 weeks, we will have all 26 letters and hopefully some really cool pictures we could put into a collage, print and frame.

I'm excited.

No comments: