December 25, 2008

a sad farewell

my tita lita passed away today.  she has been quite sick this year but last time we saw her, she seemed to be in better shape after she got out of the hospital.  my cousins just said she was having trouble breathing and rushed her to the hospital.  they texted a while back that she has moved on.  i'm not really sure what was wrong with my tita but it had something to do with her liver (and no, she is not a drinker).  while we were not particularly close with her, i do have some memories growing up because we used to hang around the mandaluyong area way back.  their life has been a constant struggle to make ends meet and there were surely good times and bad times equally.  despite everything, she seemed happy and content with her life and my tita was a kind woman.  she went to visit and look after my sister when she was at the hospital as well.  its sad that she has to go already but i know that she is going to be happy in the next life.

its raining now.  maybe the heavens are sharing their grief for the loss of my tita.

No comments: