February 06, 2006

what happens next

i had a 1:1 with my boss this morning and towards the end of our discussion, he gave me 1 good and 1 not-so good news. let's talk about the not-so good news. carl said that my 6-month reloc is in limbo right now cause there's strong focus in keeping budget tight in 2006 and that there's probably little chance of my relocation being approved. bummer! sabi ko na nga ba, no deal is a closed deal until you start processing your papers. The eternal optimist in me is happy cause (1) i get to hang out with my friends this summer - boracay, vigan, palawan; (2) i get to play probably in the whole volleyball tournament; and (3) spend my birthday here. So far may plan B naman and plan C ako. While Plan B is more solid, Plan C is a work in progress. Plan B is AO. That option is still open and its still a reloc for two years. Arnoldo confirmed that its going to be open end of this quarter. The only problem Arnoldo sees here is if Joan will release me. Ahhh, complications. Plan C is to check what's up outside these walls. I wish something happens with plan C, but i learned early on not to put too much hope on things so i don't get disappointed. So there ... maybe the US thing is not really for me at this time. I must learn to read the signs better.

the good news carl shared was that in the recent r&r, i am in the top cloud so hopefully i get a hefty increase this coming focal. if i get anything between 20-25%, i will be very happy. here's hoping. if he promotes me, libre ko yung mga close friendships ko.

i wish i knew how to quit you.

No comments: