May 18, 2006

renewals, adjustments & a long time waiting

i started the day at 6am today, waking up sometime around 3am to work on my presentation for the same meeting. maybe its my fault for procastinating so much in finishing that material but my brain has been bereft of great ideas for the longest time already. my meetings run on until 9am when i finally called it quits and asked that i be excused from the next meeting which was to last until noon. there's only so much phone meetings i can stand in a day.

i left sometime after 1045am focused on accomplishing two things today (meetings aside of course) : one, is to renew my driver's license just in case my trip gets extended (its the boyscout in me); and two, go to la salle, drop all of my subjects, apply for residency and avoid paying 10% of the tuition fee.

i got to the LTO office around 11am and there were not a lot of people, got the form instantly, filled it up and down i went to the drug testing center. damn, i wasn't still in peeing mode after chugging 500ml of water 20mins before i left the house. i went out and downed a liter of C2 green tea and sat there for the next 30 mins willing myself to get this over with - still no pee on site hahaha. i did manage the damn task and it took no less than 5 mins for the drug testing results to be handed back. i diligently marched back to the license window and fcuk, closed for noon break! i walked a few blocks and had some salad at kfc and went back 30min before 1pm.
the rest of the waiting was tolerable, i did get my new license something like 5 mins after paying. except for the waiting, getting a license has actually progressed very well.

i drove like crazy to get to la salle in record time only to find that there were no available parking space at the UM where i like to park. ok, try jollibee -- nada. street across velasco building --- bingo! ok, swipe my freakin id --- "out of school. out of school. out of school." like what the fcuk is that. last day of payment isn't until june 20, so why am i considered "out of school" already? after explaining to the guard, she finally let me in and i proceeded to the gsb office. dang! there were so many people in that office all either dropping subjects, adding subjects or filing for residency. after a while, one told me i should drop all my subjects online. where's the computer? nada! like how the fcuk should i do that? okie, okie ... i called elmer - he's in a bpi bank. scroll, scroll along my contacts ... aha, van!!!! van saved me! van saved me! yahoo! van was kind enough to drop all my subjects for me. so i went back, asked again, filled up another form to file for residency, then queued for the next 30-45mins for a <2min>

i went down to pay for my tuition and there was only 1 window dedicated to the GSB students while the central cashier and makeshift cashiers at the conservatory were practically empty and were for non-GSB students only. i waited for another 45-60mins until it was my turn to pay my P1,300 residency fee - P400 of which mind you were for miscellaneous fees that i don't have a clue what they're for. my legs were practically dead from all of the standing after that it was with great effort that i managed to drive home. good thing traffic was smooth even though it was already 530pm.

so there - a day of waiting, queueing, perspiring, standing and paying. i was so exhausted after that all i could do was take a deep breath, sigh and tell myself "here's what you get for prioritizing work over school." hahaha

No comments: