December 04, 2006

wish it was me instead

my sister is still recovering in the hospital after her two surgeries. she has been confined in the hospital for 11 days now and we're all hoping she gets really well soon. i was amazed how many stuff were hooked to her when i visited her last thursday, saturday and sunday. there were two dextroses, 1 bag for blood transfusion, 1 for antibiotics, and two hoses attached to her nose (one for oxygen and another to drain some internal fluids). she's getting stronger everyday and hopefully she will be well enough soon so we can take her home. jacob misses his mommy and mama already. i wish it was me instead of my sister in the hospital - in our family, i've had the longer history in getting hospitalized (at least i also have better medical coverage right now) and in a way, i'm more used to the hospital environment, and being sick. i guess i was really a sickly kid way back. i can't bear seeing my family in the hospital - i'd rather it'd be me instead of them there. its comforting though that at least i can take care of my nephew's expenses and i have enough money saved to help out on the hospital bill. its nice to be not helpless.

friends, pls stop for a minute & pray for the quick recovery of my sister.

No comments: