September 08, 2007

minor revisions

the consultation for our strama paper today went well despite a slight glitch on the room availability. this was it - time to face the music. while i've prepped myself not to expect too much, i was still hoping for the best. after all, the going ons the coming weeks for work leaves me not a huge amount of time to attend to the paper if there are going to be some major overhauling needed. i did catch a few "inc" ratings on some of the papers by accident, there was really no reason to despair. those papers needed a little more spicing up, nothing more. no dreams were shattered today. some of my classmates were recognized for delivering a more than satisfactory paper which was well-deserved considering the amount of work everyone put forth just to make the "D" day. my revisions were pretty minor - more on formatting and a few bullet additions but nothing more. it was a pretty good result - this considering i met face-to-face with my good friend H (who owns the company) once and did more of the consulting on some aspects via short phone calls - hehehe. i know i could have delivered a better paper if i had more time to really understand the company - with all the happenings, most of what i put in my paper were products of my head. that doesn't mean though that what i wrote were fabrications - i did not fabricate anything and that probably what made writing the paper more laborious - because it took time to put forth words that somehow didn't blur the truth.

we had to take the prof to dinner during which he remarked that my paper would have been recognized except for my format & presentation. i personally was never hoping for a recognition because i knew the amount of time i poured over my paper - my research wasn't thorough and i decided more on practical solutions/strategies. i was really after strategies that were implementable because i am planning on using this paper - yeba! prof said he thought my presentation was "dry" and lacked "oomph" to make it impressive --- hehehe he hasn't seen my powerpoint skills yet and i know i am one of the better presenters. getting a 4 in strama probably will take a miracle and seeing that i have decided not to enroll in an additional elective, i probably should kiss graduating with distinction goodbye. oh well, i can't win 'em all.

No comments: