February 26, 2008

50% less wiser

when i decided to have get my braces, my primary reasons were to close the widening gap between my two front upper teeth and benefit from the pain and suffering of adjustments to jumpstart my getting fit strategy. i did manage to hold off eating a bit when biting and chewing became unbearable after adjustments but the pain and suffering unfortunately tapered off the more aligned my teeth became until eating once again became a pleasurable experience.

fast forward to this year what with my ortho telling i need to get my wisdom teeth extracted so the final leg of the alignments will work properly. ok, so after delaying the inevitable since i got back from my trip, i finally decided to pay him a visit today. i could have said i can't do it today but i decided there was no use delaying and i asked him to take the first one off. he gave me 4 shots of anaesthesia instead of 2 and i have to say the whole experience still felt like i was a POW and i was being tortured into revealing some sort of top secret information. ok, so maybe i am exaggerating but no kidding, despite the numbness it was still quite painful. when he was doing the sutures, it wasn't really that bad and almost an hour after, the left side of my mouth still feels numb. the experience was quite traumatic and i'd have to go back two weeks from now for the other one to get extracted. i'm already expecting it to be more painful because the other tooth is planted deeper. so two weeks from now, march 11 is going to royally suck.

No comments: