February 18, 2008

getting back to normal

so yes, i managed to complete all 10 days of the "Master Cleanse" program last sunday. Yes, 10 days of having nothing except the lemonade concoction. this was my first attempt at detoxifying my body and final tally - 10.2lbs less than when i started. again, i look like i have a jawline (lol!). 10.2 lbs in 10 days isn't too bad. i'm now breaking off from the detox program and today, i had orange juice galore for the whole day - managed to finish all 2 liters of it.

as i promised, i went to the gym after finishing up work - faithfully did a 20-min stop & go cardio and did my weight training. i didn't really care if i was only using 5, 10 & 15lbs dumbells but i decided to start slowly lest i overexert myself and find myself too sore the next day. i've had that happen last time effectively preventing me from going back to the gym the rest of the week. its pretty hard to do more abdominal exercises because i think i have a weak back or i might not be doing these abdominal exercises properly. tomorrow, i'll do the hip-hop abs here at home --- yeah, i need to get back in shape (for the fans! hahaha).

one thought-provoking thing kept popping into my head the whole time today and more when i was shopping at S&R after my workout. i was talking to a colleague today and we talked about our future in our current organization. we realized that what happened to some good friends (who got retrenched) can very well happen to us too. we agreed that whatever amount we will be getting isn't really going to last very long - and there is truth to it. the thought of not having a job mortifies me - and makes me more determined to figure out a plan B. i am praying that rr/jfc gets back (as they promised) this week and bring forth good news. i am in serious need of a new adventure - a fresh start. God-willing, i know that there is good news coming in the horizon.

No comments: