July 15, 2008

be careful what you wish for

the last time i talked to my manager, in the spirit of fairness (or maybe my own guilty conscience) i told her work has been easy lately. ok, i don't want to lie, it has been relatively easy for quite some time. in short, i asked her to tell me what other areas i can work on so that i can shake up the guilt everytime i pull-out some money from the atm. in my own defense, i did ask for more work a number of times already and i've been waiting. that conversation took place a couple of weeks ago.

this morning, i had an impromptu 1:1 with my manager who informed me that one of my colleagues has resigned effective in two weeks. one of those two weeks he's taking leave. its not hard to imagine where this conversation is leading and what my answer will be. its not that don't welcome the "work", its the circumstances of getting it - minimal transition, instant involvement. this is going to stress me out a bit until i get the hang of it. oh well - maybe the stress can help me shed some pounds. so i sit here munching on my walnuts, wondering whether this is karma or an answered prayer. i munch again a couple of walnuts, stare at the wall and still can't come to a conclusion. hahaha oh well, one day at a time.

hopefully, there isn't so much work involved here. I don't want to be WORKA, the killer whale.

---------------------------------- oooOooo ----------------------------------

on the subject of nuts, i'm super addicted to walnuts. they're so good in banana cakes. they're so good in my oatmeal. they're not that expensive @ P240 per 500g. i have a jar of almonds too but they're hard to chew on but they're a great snack to curb hunger. snack on 20-24pcs before lunch and you'll be good. they say nuts spike up uric acid and oatmeal too. its a choice between lowering your cholesterol (oatmeal) and losing weight (nuts) versus uric acid. why can't we have our cake and eat it too? btw, freakin' pecans are way too expensive ... double that of walnuts. nothing is cheap in the world anymore. oh yeah, i think life is about P20,000 which is how much a passenger was insured from the sunken liner.

No comments: