July 13, 2008

past week happenings

nothing much to write on so i'll just write a recap of the past week ...
  • monday. attended the last night of tita rory's wake. touching eulogies. pancake house dinner. starbuck's nightcap. seeing old friends from college. late night again.
  • tuesday. attended the funeral service in the afternoon. kfc lunch. final mass before the funeral service. it was a hot and humid afternoon. manila memorial park. made me remember i need to visit abet more. kitaro early dinner.
  • wednesday. get together pot-luck dinner at the tensuan's house with college friends. it was supposed to be for cindy & rod before they go back to singapore but they couldn't make it. we still decided to hold the party since we bought all our potluck stuff the day before. i cooked my adjusted moroccan fish with mango-cilantro salsa. it was a hit and everybody loved it and asked for the recipe. yes, i have a knack for cooking.
  • thursday. dino & i finally was able to see "wanted." we ate a lot at dinner. we also felt adventurous and ordered a plateful of frog legs. it was quite good except i hated always accidentally muching on the bones (hirap alisin e!).
  • friday. free dinner @ aling tonya's at the dampa-like in macapagal. i ate so much that night. starbuck's nightcap at harbor square. late night ulit.
  • saturday. photoshoot canceled. decided not to leave the comforts of my room. ok, kabaduyan - watched "when love begins" lol ... it wasn't bad. it wasn't that good either. the john lloyd-bea movie still tops my list.
  • sunday. went to the derma - facial and derma-lift. wasn't expecting that derma-lift thing but the doctor said i should get one. and since this is the "health is wealth" theme year for me so i just did it. lol. finally got that power-saver thing from ace hardware. had my last sinful "Champ" burger from jollibee before i start on my diet and super todo gym effort tomorrow.
i realized that despite its limitations and crappy signal, i've been making good use of my SUN cellular mobile the past month. For P150 a month, its a cheap way of staying in touch and i realized i have friends who have SUN numbers. got mom a SUN number too and my sister also has a SUN number. cheap way to keep in touch with the fam. coolness.

there's so many things to learn about photography and my D80. the last pictures i took at starbux were crap. i think i had some decent snaps but they were ruined by not being tack-sharp. well we're going to practice next saturday at BF, Memorial and Santana so hopefully will be able to take better control of the camera and settings.

i'm super addicted to jewel's latest country cd "Perfectly Clear". I actually love all of the songs but what most stand out for me is the song "Everything Reminds Me Of You" which is what is playing at this time on my main multiply page. That CD is actually the only thing i listen to driving around. I love Jewel Kilcher. I could even marry her (lol!).

for some reason, i've been sleeping really late lately. way past my 10pm bedtime. my social life is somewhat in hyperdrive lately. i am kinda liking it.

No comments: