July 03, 2008

in a standstill

my career will probably be at a standstill a lot longer than expected. the delay in the announcement of what the final plans are for the future just makes things more uncertain. i still have mixed feelings right now - still excited about the prospect of venturing into a new playing field and yet anxious at the same time on how easy it is to find another good-paying job. maybe my horoscope is right, this is not a good year to switch careers and maybe there is really some truth in those readings. looking at the schedule (if it comes to pass), early next year seeems to be a good bet all things considered. there's still a lot to be thankful for (having this job) - i'm still earning the same paycheck, i still enjoy the perks of my job (believe me, its awesome, can't find another job like this) and i get work-life balance. what i don't like is that it just doesn't challenge me the way it should - and maybe i am screwed up in that i want, or rather i need some stress. i want to be on my feet again, get more busy --- or maybe i should just shut up and tell myself "be careful what you wish for."

it is foolish to leave at the prospect of getting the package. that is for certain. my boss asked me again in our 1:1 about it and i still said "i am still considering it. depending of course on what my future opportunities are in this organization." hopefully plans solidify soon so i can plot a course where i'm headed.

To infinity ... and beyond!

No comments: