January 19, 2006

life as we know it ...

i had a really good 2005 - what with all the blessings i've received, the cool new people i met and the fun i had with my friends (college, mba, non-intel, intel). there was really a lot to be thankful for.

2006 started out with a double bang. sudden el hombre night & jason's party. i had a lot of fun with both and those were parties worth remembering. the el hombre throw-up party. the karaoke (pronounced khar-yhow-kee, para slang) music videos. hilarious. i am blessed to have such great friends.

lately, i've been really bored with my work. i know i should figure out a way to make it more exciting but maybe i can't find my center to do that yet. there used to be a time wherein i would actively seek out projects so i can have more things to write in my focal - but that passion is slipping away. i know i have a bright future in joan's group if i can be patient because i know she believes in my capabilities. the way i feel about work right now doesn't have to do with the people i work with, nor the environment - i think intel is a great company - its the job i do right now. its fucking boring. i'm not cut out for business process - there's no math there! i can't even tap into my left (left nga ba) brain and get my creative juices flowing. the pay isn't bad, i got gas allowance, i have free dsl, free laptop and i can work from home. people have started nagging me about not going to the cavite office and i tell them i'm done with my work -because really i am. i have to drive stressfully (yeah, i get pissed off at the stupid & slow drivers and those who drive smack in the middle of the road) for 2 1/2 hours back & forth. i do miss the people in cavite though - i really do. Working at home though, i can take occasional breaks - play with my nephew, watch him fiddle through my dvd collection, hold my hand, hug me & shower me with kisses. why would i exchange that?

so i did the unthinkable yesterday & today, i updated my resume. i summarized 9 1/2 years of my professional experience. It was nice to write my MBA credentials. I had a 3.64 GPA right now - yabang!!! hahaha, i'm just really proud of that because i worked hard for it. I submitted it too. I'm not going to talk about it muna lest i jinx it. I just want to see what other options i have and whether i can get a better deal. What if they double my salary? 50% even?

(off the record) i asked lea about it. she was quite impartial and she told me that there's no harm in me checking it out. wat's good about us is that we have mutual respect for our accomplishments. sure, we can fight work-wise, but we don't take anything personally. at the end of the day, its us who holds the key to our success di ba? i'm not really expecting right now - if it happens, it will happen! if it doesn't happen, i'm not going to lose sleep over it. Gusto ko lang ng PLAN B.

so wat about my 6-month US relo? wendy said she is still working it out when we chat briefly over dinner last week. i still think it is going to happen, yung timing lang siguro ang kailangan i-work out. if it gets pushed out a bit, it works better for me cause i can go to boracay siguro. well, i had set things in motion already so let's wait to see what happens next.

last entry. trix, we need to stop our kabaliwan. its not going to lead to anything other than heartache. stop na!

No comments: