January 03, 2006

random thoughts ...

random thought #1
during the new year merry making, we tried to get my nephew to watch the fireworks display outside but i think all the loud noise was too much for him - it scared him. i wasn't able to really look at all of the fireworks cause my nephew didn't want to be left alone in his room.

random thought #2
i went to la salle taft yesterday (monday) to pay my tuition fee. i had a series of flashbacks 10+ years going back during the time i was still roaming the halls of velasco building, SJ walk, Miguel building and the college canteen. things have really changed a lot from the time i graduated in 1995 (oh yes!) to what the campus looks like now. there's still some things though that has not changed (but it improved a bit) and that is the lines at the accounting office. i still can't believe why they can't put airconditioners where the lines are - the heat is just crazy. Seeing college students line-up and pay for their whatever term's tuition makes me remember how young i was back then. I am definitely old now - hitting 32 this year! Makes me miss my high school & college years - i sure did have a lot of fun back then. sigh, if only i can be young forever.

random thought #3
i went and bought some stuff at springfield and celio this afternoon before i went to the gym. while i was trying on the stuff i was interested in, i looked at the mirror and realized how fat i was. so maybe i'm not really obese looking but i definitely think i could look better. looking at myself made me more determined to take my 'gymming' (is this a word?) seriously. so i did 15mins on the aero-walk and 25mins on the treadmill, did some leg & arm exercises. i am planning on buying 2 10-lb (or maybe something heavier) dumbells so i can do some reps at home. Not really looking to beef up my arms - i just want to tone them more. there are guys who'd look really nice with better-defined muscles, but i don't think that look is for me.

random thought #4
the speakers on my desktop are acting up. i think the wires/plug is broke so i am planning to buy new speakers. i was checking out some and came across the JBL Creature II speakers and i saw that most of the reviews were positive. The drawback here is that it costs around $100 and i'm not sure yet how much it costs if i buy it here. the good news though is that i got around 4K reimbursement from my internet subscription that i haven't filed yet.

random thought #5
i finally finished wrapping up the xmas presents for my friends & officemates. so i didn't buy gifts for everyone and it was such an effort to find gifts that i ended up buying nice wooden frames for the guys and cutesy incense stuff for the girls. sorry guys & gals, i'm an extremely great shopper for myself but not for others. maybe in 2006, i will be able to buy gifts that are more well-thought of, that you guys will probably want or have some use for or something that will not go into the gift recycling bin. well i find the pic frames quite nice - simple but nice and i think it will go well with any minimalist theme. the incense is incense - one can never get enough of stuff that will make your home smell nicer. its the thought that counts di ba?

random thought #6
i'm cutting my one more week's vacation short - so i will be going back to work tomorrow. i have a lot of things to do : file my reimbursement for broadband & tuition, get my pic taken for my passport renewal (probably do this over the weekend), pay my citibank due, pay my sunlife quarterly dues, and buy dumbells & the JBL Creature II.

random thought #7
i am going to stop drinking soda drinks from now on. i managed to stop smoking already so that's already a major accomplishment. This time i am going to stop taking carbonated drinks - i will now be a juice & water drinker only. Should i stop drinking alcoholic beverages next? if i do that, what will happen to me during parties? will i be the dull of the party? i don't think so ...

random thought #8
i was texting bene this afternoon about how nice the biking pictures they took during their bike ride to tagaytay. somewhere during the long text messages, i promised to join the next bike ride. i probably should to get some ROI on the bike i rode twice only. hey, i'm still planning to ride it ... soon! i need to buy some bike jersey though.

random thought #9
i cleaned up my closet before the year ended and i managed to remove a bunch of clothes already. those that i know i never really wear (even if they look still kinda new). it made me think why i bought them in the first place. I also turned over around 9 pairs of shoes - footwear that i rarely wear have been removed already. if somebody else will be able to wear them then good right? i even have these casual skechers rubber shoes that i think i wore only once. i think i am a wiser shopper now and i buy stuff that i wear more times now.

its already 1122pm and i need to catch some zzz's. i usually go to bed around 10pm but i guess i have been sleeping at different hours so much during the last two weeks that i screwed up already my body clock.

No comments: