May 15, 2007

gettin' ready

the gloom of school is upon me ... two more weeks and school starts. its not that i completely dread it because the thought of finishing is reward enough and just means i can move on to other interests (like cooking, photography?) or more serious stuff (like setting up a business, updating my resume, or finding a new employer?). its weird that everytime i try to write something about a certain topic, my mind wanders off and i end up having to write about something different.

i'm getting ready for school and based from friends, first day will probably ask what's my favorite book. i can't very well say the harry potter books can't i? or some other fictional novel i've been trying to find time to read over the past month. so i'm trying to rush reading this leadership book my manager gave me last time i was in arizona. its "the leadership enginer" by noel m. tichy. i should have read it as soon as i got it but reading has been something i haven't been that passionate about for a time now. i don't even like reading my textbooks at school so this isn't any different. i'm going to try and finish all 400-pages of the book in the next couple of weeks so that at the very least i try and make a good impression - even a pretend one. hahaha

i need to start browsing through arlene's strama paper which she was kind enough to send me as reference. just get a feel of what kind of information i should re-gather for inclusion in my strama paper. the thought of not having a clue what to tackle for strama is mortifying. i think figuring that out wins half the battle already because it sets a direction on what to write, and what to research for. ahhh, i need to rack my brains soon.

ok, one more minute before my phone con.

No comments: