June 20, 2007

am i near the tipping point?

i've purposedly slept early around 10 last night thinking i would have a fresh head around 2am to attend to some work i needed for an early morning meeting. lately, four hours of sleep just doesn't cut it so i overslept the 2am alarm and woke up around 3am with mom telling me we had to bring my sister to the hospital. her insides were still acting out since she came home last night. makati med was kind of an easy drive at 3am and at that hour, i was able to do some work at the waiting area without distraction. i realized i had to get back home fast because of two things, the car we brought was banned that day and my nephew needed someone to go to school. probably a blessing in disguise but i've been toying with my treo yesterday and i managed to finally set-up my versa-mail to synch with my gmail account via gprs (yep, my phone doesn't have 3G yet). i managed to shoot my boss a quick e-mail that i will have to take our 1:1 in the car.

i managed to get back home around 5am, set-up my laptop for my 6am meeting and frantically picked out jacob's clothes for school. being stressed out probably makes you more alert since i managed to breeze through the first meeting without missing a single word. the driver came around 7am and i hopped in the car with my laptop and logged into the bridge through my mobile. it was a good thing my nephew wasn't his usual inquisitive self that morning so i managed to finish the meeting with just two pauses in between. i had another hour-long meeting after and then pretty much spent the time e-mailing and making follow-ups using my celfone. neat. the waiting for school to finish sucked big time by the way.

i realized i can't do this - juggle my meetings and still bring my nephew to school, not while mom is in the hospital and its mighty crucial right now since my project is at its peak. The only thing i can't think of right now is to pull-in all my meetings, and that means i will have to start work around 4am probably. i got back from jacob's school to find out i still had to cook lunch since my good-for-nothing brother was just lying there watching tv. such a sorry excuse for a human being. i am physically exhausted today, and mentally fatigued. i don't know how much more i can wing this, it gets tougher that there's not even time to shed a tear.

No comments: