June 12, 2007

workout wonders

i finally managed to convince myself that i should go back to the gym after another two weeks of hiatus. the going-back to the gym plan hit a roadblock last time since after an excessive weight training regimen, my arms hurt for the whole week. lesson learned, you can't presumably pick-up from where you left off after being gone for almost a quarter.

i managed to do most of the exercises i planned for today, even doing a 10-min cardio (ok, babysteps) and putting in the ab exercises though its supposed to be on the next day set. But seeing the condition of my abs right now, i think i will benefit from doing ab exercises on a daily basis. hopefully this "going back to the gym" dedication i feel right now lasts just like last time. its really different when you have a personal trainer and you're paying extra to workout. I resigned myself that i will try planning my exercise routine without a trainer for now.

to reward myself for a job well-done at the gym, i had a big slice of mango bravo. i wanted to post a picture of it here but i thought "better not to spare me the laughter." hahaha well, its sister's birthday today so i had to have cake.

No comments: