June 28, 2007

good news

i'm happy to say that my sister has finally been discharged from the hospital, total bill probably was around 100k. it just goes to show that in this time and age, its hard to get sick specially if you don't have the means to pay for hospital care. i really pray that my sister gets better - better that even if she will need to take maintenance medications, she doesn't need to go back to the hospital. its financially draining since its mom who has been shouldering most of the hospital bills, while i try to cover as much of the household bills as possible. i'm concerned also for my mom because she's been dipping a lot from her retirement money. this is why i finally decided to sit down and plan a budget, i needed to see how much money i can save. i realized how difficult it was to plan a budget, how much we take for granted what anyone running a household had to do to make ends meet. i realized how lucky i am to have a good paying job that allows me to help out. its probably destiny and i thank God for his eternal goodness in allowing me to help my family.

having my sister home is good news too because mom can take over having to bring my nephew to school and i can concentrate back in addressing work matters. i've been tossed in the grill a couple of times and this morning, i took my gloves off and broke my silence. if they thought i spoke good enough english, they probably was surprised i could talk non-stop when i am all fired up. i'm getting sick and tired trying to play along and being their whipping boy. ay naku, i'll show them i'm no pushover and i have 10 years of great reputation @ the big blue to back it up. shopping used to be great therapy whenever i felt bad but with the whole budget thing going on, i better not. hmmm except, the store manager from springfield just texted me that there's a sale tomorrow. i should go and buy a few items. i have allocation for clothing naman e (insert laugh here!). i'll follow my good friend trixy's "i'm going to save" mentality (peace trix, you know i love you!).

No comments: