August 07, 2007

slow and steady turn

the good news is that my sister is well enough to go home today and i'm just waiting for mom to call so i can pick them up at makati med. bills aside, i am so thankful for all the people who have offered prayers for my sister's recovery. there's still a long way to go and i've been scouting the web and the bookstores for books that might be worth a try to manage her condition better. so far i've found this book and has asked a friend in the US to buy it at barnes and noble. hopefully it gets here with some old friends traveling from the US next week. the bill is staggering - definitely a financial drain but God has given us options at least on how to work it out. what i pray for now is for my sister's continuous recovery. hopefully, next next weekend, we will be able to make that trip to manaoag to say our thank you's.

the other good news is that the strama term paper deadine has been extended to friday next week (instead of monday) along with certain conditions. 4 more days is reason enough to shout for joy. i sat down and did a portion of chapter 2 yesterday and looking at how much work needed for it, it was realistically not possible to put everything together for monday. so while i am taking off today on a supposedly dedicated time for the paper, bringing my sister home is a much more worthy endeavor. sleepless nights once more.

what's the thrill in having good news if there isn't a sorta-bad news attached to it yes? its not really bad, bad YET but me not planning ahead 5 years is different than me setting up plan B, and C, and D is another thing. short version is that my manager told me that they're transitioning me to a yet unspecified role. the good news there is that i'm getting what i asked for - me, not being tied down to the project i'm working on long-term. the bad news is that (a) the way this thing is playing down leaves a lot to be desired; (b) not having anything specific defined is definitely something to worry about; and (c) i hate all of the stupid answers and seeming dishonesty of it all. and so i took my cue, put plan B (sending out my resumes to other firms) and plan C (checked jobs online --> internal openings and actually applied for one job) in motion. it seemed that the internal application still flags your manager thru email that you have applied. busted! so i got a note from my manager about it and since i'm off this week, i'm putting if off until next week to talk about it.

next week is definitely going to be an interesting one.

No comments: