November 28, 2006

getting away

during my 1:1 with the boss of my boss yesterday, i openly asked her (with a lot of charm) how it will be better for me to work in the US timezone during the critical, developmental phase of the project i'm working on. i wasn't surprised that she gamely agreed to my suggestion since i thought my proposal was actually reasonable. she said she would talk to her boss to bring it up and i should talk to my boss also so it won't seem i bypassed her. the good news is that there's budget for 8-10wks of travel next year (its just a matter of allocating it to whoever made sense) and the drawback here is that i would probably have to drop school next term. the trip needs to happen in Q107 and checking on my remaining school schedule, if the travel gets approved, then i can leave on the third week of january.

so the question now is --- how will i download those tv shows? dang!

No comments: