October 11, 2007

wonderful surprise - part 2

true to his parting words, i got a callback right in the middle of a phone conference i was chairing for another round of q&a. this time, i had to ask them to call me back in the afternoon. truthfully, the call got me excited and it sort of eclipsed whatever feeling of dejection reading the e-mail from a recent prospect telling me they're considering other people. i felt a short pang of regret because i knew the outcome was inevitable. i wasn't ready that time, i wasn't in my element and i knew i wasn't giving the best answers. i'm not making excuses - i'm trying to remain analytical and critical so i know what went wrong and avoid making the same mistake the next time. luck swung in my favor when another prospect followed up my reformatted cv and sample work - that would mean i'm still in the running right? 2 out 3 was too much a blessing already.

i missed the call in the middle of lunch but she called back late afternoon. we had another round of q&a's and i thought i did well. talking on the phone is always easier. i learned some details about the work and about it being a junior position. i'm not really hung-up on titles, i'll be happy as long as i like what i do. it seems now that the decision criteria here if things work out will be the "moolah" package.

driving home thursday, my thoughts of "wow, no phone calls today." ended my phone rang with that area code. she said somebody by chance will be here in Manila and they would like to set-up another q&a - on a sunday. i readily agreed being it probably will take only a few minutes in the morning. it feels like this is really an urgent need because they're really fast tracking it. i'm happy that it feels like my chances for this is getting higher each callback but at the same time i worry about other things - am i ready for this? will i pass my medicals? am i ready to move and not see my nephew everyday? i remain hopeful that this is part of His grand plan. i remain hopeful that everything will work out. God is good.

nothings final until its final.

No comments: