October 09, 2007

wonderful surprise

personally i'm not one who loves surprises - at least not when i'm at the receiving end. it must be the OC in me, the one who likes to see things clearly ahead - at least in the short term. i just like things in order - yeah, OC talaga.

i received a call from my mobile phone mid-afternoon. it was an unexpected call, and as soon as i answered i knew from the sound of his voice he wasn't filipino. it turns out to from someone i worked with before, who i left a good impression on that he called me asking me about a recent opening i applied for. he said he'd set up an interview since he didn't want to influence the hiring manager who incidentally reports to him. i don't know how this will play out but i am just glad of the opportunity by itself. if things work out, its the fulfillment of a wonderful dream. and a chance to give my family more than i can give them right now. it also means leaving a life i've known for the past 33 years and starting over. but maybe that's where this road should lead me. right now, only time will tell.

friday. monday. and now tuesday. i'm making headway.
i remain hopeful because God is good.

No comments: