January 05, 2008

i made it

"Congratulations, you passed!"

After my panel chair said those three very important words, it was like the word was at a standstill. smiling didn't seem to matter anymore because all throughout the presentation and the questions, i was all smiles. it wasn't because i knew i would passed because that was the farthest thought in my mind while presenting. it was because i learned, through years of practice & experience presenting, that smiling has a positive effect - well, of course you look doubly better but the more important thing is you have grace under pressure. i remember this because in one of my subjects, the professor said i and another groupmate were good presenters and we managed to answer his questions - the only thing that made me better than my groupmate was that even if i got stumped with a question i wasn't sure how to answer, i was still smiling. but what does passing my oral comprehensive exam (oce) mean? it means i'm officially done with my graduate studies. i now hold a Master of Business Administration degree major in Supply Chain Management from De La Salle University. Yay!

truth be told, i was pretty anxious when i got to school today after attending a dinner/despedida last night. i could have skipped it for a really good reason but i wanted to see my friends and i wanted to see jing before she leaves for san francisco. telling my friends i was having my oce the following day put undue pressure on me because everyone sort of expected me to pass. yikes, its not that i'm selling myself short - its just hmmm i dunno "bilog ang bola." honestly i couldn't really thank my friends enough for giving me words of encouragement, for giving me tips and everything they can remember from their own experience. i am so blessed to have found friends in these wonderful bunch of people. i could not have passed without them. love you peeps!

No comments: