January 24, 2008

time's almost up ...

i am in the last leg of this trip. i still do have mixed feelings about leaving on saturday - can't wait to get back home to see my friends and my loved ones (my sweet sweet nephew) but at the same time wanting to postpone having to make a decision.

i've been up late almost every night since i got here - there's just me and these trips to the other side of the world. i get jetlags pretty bad. over the past week, i've shopped mostly for the fam which in a way is uncharacteristic of me since i usually shop more for myself. this time though, i feel like buying clothes is not a worthy investment (yes, i still treat clothing as investment --- may ukay-ukay na kasi hahaha) cause i think i've gained too much weight that i am a size bigger than what i usually wear. so NOT a lot of clothing for me. i've mostly packed already having the done the due diligence of packing early to see where everything fits - and so far, i think i need to be creative packing some of the remaining stuff.

over the last couple of weeks, well-meaning friends have shared a lot of their thoughts regarding the SG offer. I'd have to say friends were split into two - those who thinks i should take it and those who think i should stay. coincidentally, i asked both my mom and sister about it and they both have differing opinions. i did ask my nephew about it and of course he wants me to stay. in a way i think i would have been leaning towards accepting the offer when i got back the last week UNTIL i got the call from jfc/rr. that sort of threw a wrench on everything. honestly, despite the opportunities that SG offers, my heart tells me that i would be happier staying - seeing my nephew grow and being with my family and my friends. there's still some more time left to think about it. so yeah, time's almost up.

No comments: