January 13, 2008

in between worlds

sitting around waiting for my connecting flight, i realized how lonely traveling can get. there's a lot of people traveling but most know no one during the flight. we all sit around minding our own business while the whole world pass by. airports, for me, feels some kind of limbo - its a way between worlds where you leave people you know behind and then move on to the next gate where you meet people you know. for more than 18 hours, it felt like i was in limbo. traveling, after some time, can suck the life and joy out of you - specially when you are traveling alone. excited to finally be back almost seven months from last time i was here, i know i am going to enjoy the shopping, the dining out and seeing friends i've made here in chandler. in some ways, being here so much over the last couple of years makes me feel so at home. its a good thing this trip is going to be only two weeks because i already miss the fam back home specially my nephew, who cried when they dropped me off the airport saying he was going to miss me. two weeks for the trip is not so good because it means i have to make a decision soon. this week is going to be a very busy one for me and hopefully the week after is lighter. i should get a headstart on my shopping tomorrow!

No comments: