June 13, 2006

mc'd no more?

dear mcbaby,

being away for the last two weeks in a way made it easy to not think about you so much. i mean i still do wonder what you are doing at times and i do hope that some time you think of me too - pero i think that's not too likely. maybe this trip was meant for me to realize how foolish it is to stay so much in love with you, that if i try hard enough, that i can bring myself back to that stage wherein i was genuinely ok not being so into you. i was really there back then, and when i told people i was over you i meant it. i guess being back here is true testament that at times, we do fall back in between the cracks. i just wanted so much to have something to look forward to, to feel giddy and have that doe-eyed look whenever i see you, or take time finding the clothes you'll say "wow" to and you know, just see how colorful the world really is with you in it.

i guess in the next few weeks, i'd have to make that painful decision of giving you up. same old, same old. i realized that us being friends is never going to work out, and its way past the point i should have moved on. i just can't do it anymore you know; my friends are tired of me professing my eternal love for you. i can say honestly that i may never love someone as much as i have loved you - you will always be that person for me. but i need to do this for me, because i don't know how to handle it when you move on to the next stages of your life.

goodbye mcbaby. this is it.

yuan*

No comments: