September 29, 2006

after the storm

power went out around 9am yesterday and that left me staring at the ceiling for hours. no internet so no more office connection. i decided to cancel all of my remaining meetings for the day. the winds were merciless as it battered down trees, houses and electric posts. i could hear it literally howling through the one window opened in my bedroom. this was one of the strongest typhoons i encountered and it was a good thing everyone in the family was home. jacob didn't really understand why there was no power as he remain insistent to open the television. good thing my laptop had an extended battery plus an extra battery you can just chug in place of the dvd. it had enough juice to let me watch up to 4 tv shows - that's where 3 1/2 hours of my day went. i slept through the other hours - nothing much to do so might as well catch up on sleep. i think i texted almost everybody in my address book - hahaha, i was bored so i wanted to chat with some of 'em. some were polite enough to reply, other's probably didn't have any load or their lines cut off for not paying their bills --- hahaha, kidding! as i write this blog, there's still no power back home and i contend myself with charging most of my portable devices here at the makati office. boring boring boring. i probably should force myself to do that mapday agenda for my trip next, next week but somehow, motivation has departed me. i debate whether i should pass time in a restaurant somewhere but i'm not sure if i'm really up for it. its really a lazy day today, probably one of the best days to just lie down and watch dvd's if only there was power. i was thinking of going to the gym today but b texted me the gym was closed today. major bummer. supposed to see gym crushie but i guess i'd have to wait and see gym crushie monday na lang.

No comments: