September 07, 2006

soon it will be christmas

i didn't really realize that we entered into the 'ber' months already until a good friend mentioned that they've started playing christmas carols on the radio already. i asked "uhh, why?" and of course it was because it was septem'ber' already. when this has sunk in, i became gleefully excited because christmas is my favorite time of the year. the good mood i was in didn't dampen despite of the rains the previous days that i happily sang along christmas songs playing on my ipod while on my way to work last week. christmas for me equals happy. there's just something about it that's so infectiously happy (just writing about it is making me smile right now). there's the so many social parties you have to attend to, the gift-hunting, the food, the spending and the promise of an even better year to come. i remember when i was still in suyen and it was the christmas season already and a bunch of us went trooping to the mall and we ran around like crazy for two hours buying stuff. it was tiring (after an already tiring day of work) but it was so much fun. i miss those days.

i've been listening to christmas songs everyday this week and i've already managed to write my christmas shopping list (names & budget only). hopefully this year, i'd be able to finish my christmas shopping early and give my gifts before the year ends. i can feel this is going to be a great christmas already.

-------------------------------------------------------

i just realized school starts next week. i have to adjust my gym sched to monday, thursday and saturday - no way i am going to give my gym in lieu of school this time. school is wednesdays and saturdays. ugh, this means my saturday is fully-booked already with school & gym at least for the next 14 weeks.

No comments: