July 18, 2007

video calling

uhmm so ok, i'm not really clueless that the technology has been available for quite some time already but there was never really a need for it for a variety of reasons. first of course is for it to work, i'd have to buy a new fone which means i'd have to give up my faithful treo (undoubtedly the best fone i owned, and i've used quite a few). i can't imagine not having all of the cool functionalities my fone has right now, the ease of having a qwerty keypad, audio, video, call block (yeah, stalker), e-mail and ability to work with word, excel and view powerpoint. second thing was that for me to video call, my contacts will need to have a video-calling capable fone as well.

my sister's fone right now allows for video call and while in one of my pensive moments - now this happens mostly when i'm driving - it crossed my mind that for my nephew to be able to see his mom and his lola (whom he calls mama), we can do video call. so i needed to buy a fone capable and decided that i should just replace my mom's fone since its been with her for quite a while already. so voila, in my mind, the reward of my nephew having to talk to mom & my sister via video was enough reason for me to shell out cash for it. so we tried video calling this morning - after which, i realized the purchase was indeed worth it.

and that is how to rationalize a purchase from out of the blue.

No comments: