July 02, 2007

time is a precious commodity

i need to get some more time to rest. i feel better compared to saturday and sunday but not well enough that i decided i'd skip school tonight. it was a last minute decision to sacrifice tonight for hopefully better days this week. i've been laboriously updating my project gantt the whole day today and its been a slow process because i was feeling a bit dizzy in between. if i did not catch the flu, i should have finished this and much more over the weekend - but you just can't predict getting sick. this is why i hate planning, and setting things in stone, there's almost always factors beyond your control that kind of screws everything up.

i've been quite good, no make that great, at tracking the inflows & outflows of money on my pocket and on my bank accounts. i've kind of tracked most down to the last cent. this is the part of me being OC that i like best, i can get overly accurate, or maybe its the engineer in me - the part that likes to have structure and order. the important thing here is a the end of july, i'd have an idea where all the money goes and where i can start skimping to maximize my savings. "max z = x+y+z-a-b-c" ngiii, ang nerdy! lol!

i really need to start doing some research on my strategic management paper. i have 6 weeks left after this week to work on it and unfortunately, the implementation of my project at work clashes directly with my strama deadlines. i need to figure something out - and soon. need to start tapping on those keypads and start building something out for my paper.

rlin & i wanted to see how much we will get if we opt to avail of early retirement at the big blue. both of us will be ten years this year (oh my!), me officially by sep 29. i checked out my vacation leaves and i still have 45 days, meaning "if" i decide to leave, i can file terminal leave as early as august 15. of course, that all depends on whether the cards and the stars line-up and make something happen. rlin and i have already made compensation analysis, both forward (based from pay & benefits) and backward (based from expenses & savings target). we've prettymuch come up with a really good spreadsheet to calculate everything. hopefully, there is some good news on the horizon.

i'm so excited to try out my free airborne access. its a good thing rlin sent us that e-mail regarding that pldt promo of getting free airborne access based from your myDSL plan. i managed to register and i got my username and password already. yay, i can't wait to lug around my macbook and hang out some coffeeshops. that's going to be one cool way to chill.

No comments: