July 31, 2007

you gotta love the kids

i volunteered to drive my nephew to his school last friday since his tuition fee for the coming quarter was due already. i was fortunate enough to move or cancel most of my phone con meetings so my morning was free after my 6-7am meeting. jacob's school is a good 20-30min drive from our house depending on traffic. Today is also a special day since one of jacob's classmates is celebrating her birthday. Speaking of birthdays, my nephew is celebrating his on Aug 20 - he's already 4yo this year and if not for my sister being in the hospital and all, we should be making plans to bring the little tyke to HK Disney sometime in october. i checked and i have enough mileage for 4 rountrip tickets via cathay pacific - sweet! well i guess we would have to postpone this trip a bit seeing that money is quite tight and we still need to pay the hospital half a mil (ugh) more. money matters aside, i'm sure glad my sister is doing better and hopefully she can go out this week (keeping our fingers crossed). i still need to call to make arrangements for my nephews school party - and its good that the school party packages are quite affordable.

friday was quite a special day in school - the kids had an earthquake drill and it was fun seeing the kids holding their books on top of their heads (for the debris) vacating the school premises. i was worried my nephew would get scared with the megaphone siren but he seemed to be in good spirits throughout the drill. i guess for him, this is all still play. seeing these kids, i vaguely remember what it was growing up at that age. and maybe my nephew, years from now won't really remember these moments. its nice that cameras are handier these days and makes it much more easier to capture moments like these.

there's so many places to take my nephew to - boracay, tagaytay, baguio at the top of my head. maybe when we can breathe financially again, we can go to singapore. we probably can go visit the zoo soon or the subic something. so many plans right? when this term is over, we should be able to start making the easier plans a reality. it would be nice to have a dslr now to capture these moments but i guess we'd have to do with the p&s cams for now until i can start rebuilding my savings. its all good.

No comments: