April 01, 2006

the morning after

dear fish,

i went to donnelly's party last night and played some texas hold'em with my office barkada. the party unfortunately was a bit boring but being able to just sit back & relax after the last few nights lacking sleep was a good enough reason to stay. i went through 3 cans of san mig light pretty quickly and not drinking enough water left me pretty dehydrated. i woke up with my head pounding this morning debating whether i should quit alcohol altogether the same way i swore off carbonated beverages. that is something i still haven't decided on yet - unlike most people, i always tend to have really bad hangovers. Three glasses of water before bed usually lessens the pain, but if that fails two advils usually does the trick.

i was a bit groggy when i went to finally get my car fixed. i had a bit of a hard time finding the "goma king" car shop but when i finally found it, there were quite a number of cars lined-up already. it was a good thing the people running the place knew what customer service is and their frontliners quickly came up - they probably saw i was a "newbie" or i had that "please help me." look. you see, i don't really have a knack for cars, i just drive 'em. i do know how to change tires but beyond that i'd surely flunk hands down. i don't even find accessorizing my car (read : making porma) a good use of money. there's too many things available to splurge on than to put it all in a vehicle. anyways, the mechanic told me the freakin' shock absorber on the right rear side was busted and had to be replaced. short to say, i had everything fixed already so its going to once again be a smooth ride from now on.

i'm a bit flushed everytime i think about you. i realized that whenever i look at you, its as if the world moves in slow motion and i see only you. the colors do seem brighter (i think i said this in another post already) and i feel my heart racing. its crazy how you can make my head spin even when you don't even do anything. sometimes i wish i can just turn things off, not feel this way or not feel anything anymore. i've tried a hundred times to kick you out of my system, but like a bad habit, you have me addicted. i know more or less where all of this is headed, and its going to be ugly, at least for me. i'm worried i may never find a way out of this mess and that scares me. right now, i am more certain how i feel about you and i will suffer again in silence.

what kind of fool i am?
yuan*

No comments: