July 06, 2006

what i miss & not miss back home

one and a half more weeks and i'll be going back to manila. finally, this supposedly 4-week turned 7-week trip is coming to a close. this has actually been the longest i stayed in arizona or any other trip for that matter. i did stay 4-weeks in malaysia before and 2 4-week stay in the US as well. now i know why they say staying here in chandler or wherever is a challenge. after a while, you actually get tired of eating the same food and going to the mall is a major credit card drain. but here's a list of stuff i miss & not miss in manila.

miss
  • friends - office, school, college. my friends have been IM'g and YM'g me to go back cause they miss me - "aaawwww!" i feel loved. super gimik when i go back!
  • gym - so yeah, i do have free gym access here in arizona but for some reason, i don't get the same drive going to the gym here than in manila. and yeah, i don't have my protein shake and creatine supplement and trainer here.
  • car - i miss driving my car. how are you my dear ford lynx?
  • desktop pc - no downloads for the past 6 weeks. ugh! well good thing my fave series will only be back end of august. but damn, i paid 2k for my dsl in june and i'm sure my sister didn't use it that much.
  • dvd's - suki, suki, what's new? and eric has been kind enough to buy me pinoy dvd's hehehe
  • nephew - he's been telling me "home, home" whenever i talk to him on the phone. that's his way of asking his uncle to go back home already. aawwww, i miss my nephew so much.
  • school - i can't wait to finish my mba. konting tiis na lang and i'll be done with it.
  • small comforts - cheap nail spa's and kinda expensive but ultra-relaxing therapeutic massages every other week.
  • dinner at hagerstown - miss the peeps there. van, jona, trixy, jeck, allan, jerk, james and dencio - dinner buddies. i miss those yumyum food van brings that royally screws up my diet plans.

not miss

  • going to work at 7am - aaarrrggghhh!!! imagine waking up at 5am? and here i wake up at 8am and go to the office around 9am and no one would freakin' care. the only good news is that joan told me i don't have to follow the CV rule of at most 2x telecommuting - it means i can work from home as much as i want. beat that.
  • traffic & gas prices - not so much traffic here and i don't have to worry about gas. i just have to swipe my amexco and just wait to hear the pump "click" when the tank is full.
  • braces adjustment - ugh. pain. nuff said.

wow, there's only a few things i don't miss back home so there's more reason to go back home. yay. i hope when i get back, things will still be ok with mcbaby - i mean that things will still be this great between us. i don't get kasi mc's moods, sometimes it feels like things are super ok between us and then mc suddenly becomes aloof and ignores me. if i go back and we're still in that awkward place then i'll take it as a sign.

*i am so liking this shamrock album. great vocals and songs.

No comments: