July 30, 2006

reflecting on what love is about

over the past few days, i've been beset with news and stories of broken hearts, failed relationships, probable reconciliations, divorces, separations and betrayals. i don't know if its because of the mood i've been in since i got back but it seems the world is throwing me these stuff with a smirk on her face. what is love really? is it really that fleeting and worthless to throw away even if you've already invested years into it? or should love really be blind to his or her faults - or does that just make one foolish? when do you really find the perfect one? i used to think that i have found the perfect "one" - my "can't live without, can't live & breathe without, i heart you with all of me" person but all that did was leave me with a broken heart. all around me, i see people in failed relationships - and maybe that's part of the whole cycle where we build stronger hearts, stronger emotions and all that get-well crap. for me right now, i'm starting to think that love probably isn't that great anymore. the romance in me is dying. maybe love is just a fairytale - the kind of stuff you just read about and watch in the movies. i, for one, will start living for the here and now. no more fairytales.

No comments: